She is so happy! And even after a few hours, still no complaints. Utterly amazing. :)
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Earrings
For a long time now, Madeline has been saying she wants her ears pierced. Andy and I really wanted to let her, but every time we said we were going to do it, some obstacle was in the way. That was until today. The girls and I went down to the store, actually to pick them up new piggy banks. That's always the case, isn't it? You go to the store for one thing, and end up getting about a dozen other things too. It always happens with me. Anyway, we found the lady doing it, and I asked her if there was another person there too, so she could have both ears pierced at the same time. She found the other employee who would, and they sat Madeline down. At this point I am thinking she will start to freak out, since they were wiping down her ears. Nope, she just sat there. Then one of the ladies got a marker out and marked the dots on her ear. Still, she sat there. No movement. It was amazing, but I also thought it was the calm before the storm. So the ladies got the guns out, and got in position. I sat in front of her, holding her hands. The ladies said, 1 - 2 - 3, and then they did it. Madeline did not budge! No movement, no crying, no screaming, nothing!!!! I think I still am in shock from it! They handed her the mirror, and she said, "Mommy, now I am so beautiful, just like my girls!" She calls Sydney and Kassie "her girls." She was so proud of her earrings, but I was so proud of her! My little brave angel! Of course, when we got home, she had to take a picture of them. So, here is the pic of the new earrings.
She is so happy! And even after a few hours, still no complaints. Utterly amazing. :)
She is so happy! And even after a few hours, still no complaints. Utterly amazing. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment